Tuesday, March 08, 2005

U2 BONO's New Home

My license plate U2 BONO will have a new home soon. I picked up a 2005 Nissan Altima this weekend. After being home sick for several days, Alissa and I decided to run some errands on Saturday. The lease on my truck was coming up soon, so we wanted to test drive some new vehicles. I had been doing a bunch of research and the Altima had risen to the top of my list. We fell in love with it right away and test drove 3 different ones. We told them we were just looking right now because I still had 5 months left on my lease. Well, they wrote me a check for the remaining 5 months on my lease and I had my new car. It is Smoke colored with a charcoal interior. It has a bumper to bumper 75,000 mile warranty with no service required until 105,000 miles. Of course it still needs oil changes and tires every once in a while, but everything else is covered (even belts and hoses)! The best part is that I am paying only $2 more a month to buy this than I was to lease my truck. It will also help that it gets 23 to 29 MPG instead of the 11 my truck got.

No comments: