Monday, May 02, 2005

Audio Books

I know I have mentioned this before, but I love audio books. Audible.com gives me 2 audio books a month for $20. I have gone through a couple authors entire set of works so far, so I have been forced to try out new authors. I really like Legal Thrillers (John Grisham) and Murder Mysteries (James Patterson). As a result, I checked out The Narrows By Michael Connelly. I was sucked in big time. We started it on our Vegas roadtrip last weekend and I finished it last week. I think he is a local author because he mentioned Tustin Ave in Orange. What was really cool was that this story took place in Vegas and Zyzzx Road. It was quite appropriate to be listening to this as we drove that path. The story is about a former LAPD detective named Harry Bosch. A friend's widow asked him to look into his death because she thought he had been killed. As a result, he discovers that a former FBI agent was involved, who happens to be a serial killer. After listening to this book, I have downloaded 2 more Harry Bosch novels and have 2 more queued up for next month. Now I am just waiting for Audible to release James Patterson's latest book, The 4th Of July.

No comments: