Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Opening Day Baby!



Oh Yeah, It is opening day! For the 14th straight season I will be heading to Angels Stadium to watch the Angels home opener. I have gone to every opening day since I was 18 years old. There is nothing better than coming to the ballpark with a clean slate. Today the Angels begin their quest to win back-to-back AL West titles. Ultimately, they want to win the World Series again. We have a good solid crew this year, but I will definitely miss some of my favorite players who left the team in the off-season. It was hard to see Troy Glaus, Troy Percival, and David Eckstein leave. I wish them well on their new teams.

Our new outfield is frickin insane. GA in left, Steve Finley in center, and Vladi in right! I challenge you to show me a better outfield than this. We still have a solid bullpen, despite losing Percy. I also like the addition of Paul Byrd in the starting rotation. If he is healthy, he will end up being a steal.

Go Angels!

No comments: