Friday, January 28, 2005

National Body Challenge



On January 15, Alissa, my sister, and I took Discovery Health Channel's National Body Challenge. For 8 weeks, more than 400,000 people across America are getting a jump start on losing weight and getting fit. Each of us received a 2 month pass to Bally's Total Fitness, along with a journal to keep track of our eatng and exercise.

After the first 2 weeks I have dropped 12 pounds and have been to the gymn about 4 days a week. The first few days were rough and I couldn't exercise for too long without getting fatigued. Yesterday, I was able to run almost 4 miles on the treadmill and eliptical trainer. My goal is to lose 40 pounds during the 8 week challenge and then continue on my own afterwards. It's actually been fun getting back to the gym. I just throw a bunch of angry music onto my MP3 player and start running.

They estimate that 2 out of 3 Americans are overweight now. It's no surprise considering how many of us eat fast food and watch TV instead of eating at home and getting outside to exercise. I will still get my TV fix in, but I am going to hit the gym more too.

No comments: