Friday, May 25, 2007

Learning New Things & Out Of The Hospital

Emma is home now but, while she was in the hospital, after started feeling better, she learned a few new tricks. She decided that she'd try Gerber Graduates Corn Puffs and realized she liked them so much she ate the entire canister. This is HUGE because Emma has not really eaten food by mouth like this before. Every time she would see the can she'd point at it and pitch a fit until I gave her more puffs to eat. It got to the point that I had to hide the can so she'd stop and focus on something else... It seems as though she had a puff in her mouth the entire stay. We are so proud of her. Grandma Julie (my mom) bought her 3 more cans all new flavors to try. Hooray for Emma and Gerber Graduates!!!
Emma also learned to ask for wagon rides in the halls of the pediatric floor. Again, she'd point and smile and if that didn't work out came her little two year old attitude, so out to the halls we'd roam. It was very cute seeing her in the wagon waving to everyone and giving them her cheery smile. These rides were a great distraction from being cooped up in her room all day long. Once we got home, she wanted more wagon rides and it's a good thing we have a wagon at home already. Now she helps us get the mail.
Emma's third trick for the week is turning around in her Bumbo chair and sitting backwards. The Bumbo chair is designed so she shouldn't be able to get out of it. I guess the creators of the Bumbo haven't meet the determination of Emma. What will she think of and do next? Gosh, I guess we have a toddler now and she's gonna keep us on our toes. Check out the Pix, they're a riot.

Hey what are these? I wonder what they taste like?
I think I will try them..If I can only get one in my mouth.

MMM..These are tastey!!! More Please...


This is fun, I think Mommy and Daddy don't think so though.



Woo Hoo!! I like this you should try it, you might like sitting this way too.

4 comments:

Hechung said...

Yay, I'm so glad you guys are home. Go Emma with her eating the puffs! Alicia loves those puffs too :). I've tried all the flavors myself and like the corn and sweet potato best :).

Anonymous said...

YOOHOO, EMMA!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!OUR GRANDKIDS LOVE/LIVE ON VEGGIE OR FRUIT PUFFS, TOO. SO GLAD FOR THESE GREAT MILESTONES IN YOUR LIFE! NOW YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY CAN REALLY GET A WORKOUT KEEPING UP WITH YOU!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY! WE LOVE YOU!
UNCLE BOB AND AUNTIE PRIS

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Oh my... that's GREAT!!! It is so wonderful to watch Emma's progress on this blog. I really am praying that we can see you this weekend. My heart aches to hold Emma and to give you guys a hug!

Way to go, Emma!

Anonymous said...

PTL she's home and doing great! You definitely have a life of adventure ahead of you (as if you didn't already have one, eh?). :)

So glad to see her up and about!

Love you all much!