Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!

The happenings of the day:
Happy Mother's Day. Today was a great day, despite minor hiccups with Emma and her tummy. We had a wonderful day with family. We went to breakfast at my parent's house and enjoyed each other's company. It was very sweet to see my mom and Emma smell flowers and watch bunnies. Then for lunch, we went to Mark's parent's house. It is always so nice to sit in Marci's garden and relax. Emma also got a chance to lounge in the arm of her Uncle Eddie. Today I got the cahnce to reflect on mommy-hood.


My Thoughts on Mommy-hood:
I never imagined being a mom could be so wonderfully tiring. Before I was a mom, I had expectations of how I thought things would be. Wow, was I naive. In the last 29 months (pregnancy - present) I have learned incredible lessons, with the themes of patience, endurance, hope, love, and reliance on our Lord. All of which have brought our family closer than ever, strengthened my marriage and brought me to my knees before God on many occasions. The race I have run thus far has been and is still exausting, yet rewarding. The prize is an amazing little and mighty miracle named Emma Grace Ford. The finish line is no where in sight but, I choose to enjoy life and fight every step of the path we are traveling on. With the guidance of God and the love and support of our family and friends I live life to the fullest and enjoy our daughter. Although becoming a mother was an incredibly scary and uncertain time I would not change the past for what I have gained is priceless. I love Emma so much and I am so honored that God made her for me to love and raise.


Being a Mommy is such a special gift that I will always treasure!
On July 16, 2005 Emma left tiny footprints all over my heart.
I pray that someone will touch your heart as she has touched mine.

Grandma, Emma & Alissa

Nana, Emma, & Alissa

Kickin' it with Uncle Eddie

Mommy & Me Shoes
Stopping to smell Grandma's Roses

Looking at the grass

Nana, Yoda, & Emma

4 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Oh, Alissa... thank you for sharing your thoughts on motherhood. You have definitely shown God's love through your patience, peaceful outlook on life, and enormous love for Emma. She is such a blessing to all of us and her little life has been an example of God's great creation! We are so thankful He picked you to be Emma's mommy!

We love you! Great Mother's Day pictures!!! So precious!

Can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these pictures of you and your precious little one with the Grandmas!!! How special for all of you on Mother's Day. To watch how you have grown into this calling is wonderful, Alissa, and I am so blessed by your love and care of this gift of Emma Grace! Both you and Mark are wonderful examples of Godly parents. Thank you for sharing with all of us! Love you!

Anonymous said...

where can I find the stats on Emma, her birthweight, how early she was born, ect... thanks!

Mark said...

She was born in July of 2005. If you go to the archive for then, you can see her journey from the beginning.